Interview Questions to test Communication Skills
Want to know (or use) some of the most common communication skills interview questions ?
Communication skills related interview questions are used to test and measure candidate’s ability to communicate properly in different situations.
Communications questions should be included in the interview because good communication is necessary for creating a healthy and happy workplace.
Few Job positions that required communication skills:
- Business Development Consultant
- Social Media Managers
- Call Center Representative
- HR Consultants
- Hotel Managers
Some common examples of communication skills interview questions
Here are some of the communication questions examples:
- Who do you have the best communication with?
- Describe a situation when you have to work with difficult client/ customer/ superior. How did you approach that situation? How did you handle?
- You have a colleague you don’t get along with, but you need his/her help on an important project. How would you handle this situation? Would you approach this colleague and ask for help? How would you handle this?
- Tell me about the time you had/have to give presentation/speech to a group of people with no preparation? What was the main difficulty you experienced? How did you handle that?
- Please name five things about the communication within an organization that must be present so you can give your best and work most effectively?
- If you had to choose between being a good listener or a good communicator, what would be your choice? Please explain your answer.
- Describe a situation when team members on a project you were working on disagreed with your ideas. What did you do?
- How do you prefer to communicate? In person? Over the phone? Via email or messages? Please explain your preferred choice.
- Have you ever faced some obstacles or difficulties in communicating your ideas to a manager? What happened? How did you handle that?
- What would you do if you there was a breakdown in communication at work?